BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I'm actually preparing for the SAS Advanced Programmer Certification for SAS@9,
but I don't really know, if the topics from the SAS Base Programmer Certification are again necessary for the Advanced-Cert.
Does anybody know, if it's OK when I completely focus on the topics of the advanced PrepGuide?
I don't really need things like proc reports, proc tabulate and so on for my daily work, so it would be very helpful for me to be sure, that I don't have to repeat these things again for the Advanced-Programmer-Test.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Chris_
4 REPLIES 4
Saszealot
Calcite | Level 5
Do you have the big book for adv @9? I don't think you really need much of the base stuffs.Maybe a little of multidimensional arrays.
But the Base is the solid for adv @9. I'm also working on the adv @9.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I have the big prepguide for adv@9.
As I could see so far, many techniques from the base-knowledge are again repeated in the advanced techniques, like multidimensional arrays or indexes, as you said.
The most detailled topics to learn are the Optimizing-SAS-methods.
I'm allready "fighting" with that 🙂
Saszealot
Calcite | Level 5
How far have you gone on the book? I'm still on chapter 3.
We can work together,by mimicking sas questions,which are not really hard or brain tasking but tickish.
I usually formulate my own questions, kind of simulate SAS questions.
Now when done with 24 chapters, you can purchase SAS Practice questions 50 of them and see how do.
If I see any relevant questions I will let you know.
From time to time, I may be slow cos, I'm completing a program in Applied Statistics.
Thanks.
Abe.
Phaani
Calcite | Level 5
Hello guys,

Do you guys already gave the certification ?? Just Joined the groups and Just looking at the discussions.Can I also join too . As I am preparing for the exam too.

thanks
Phaani

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation