BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
Currently I am learning BASE SAS. In order to practice the examples, we need SAS software. I have found SAS Learning Edition4.1 software for $199. Is there any way where we can get the software for free or for less.This learning edition specifies that it comes with version includeing Base SAS 9.1.3, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/QC, SAS/ETS, and SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1 If I get this software installed on my machine, I can practice examples related to BASE SAS. Will I be able to practice examples related to SAS Macro?This learning edition also states that the SAS Learning Edition 4.1 with an expiration date of December 31, 2011. Does that mean that I cannot use the SAS softwrae after Dec 31,2011?

Could any one let me know the websites where I can get the SAS books for less as I find the SAS books to be expensive on some sites?

Thanks,
positive soul
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You may be able to find it discounted as a remainder, as SAS has discontinued the product.

Macro programming is part of base SAS, so you will have it.

SAS is a licensed product. When the license expires, it stops working. That is standard for all SAS products.

Try Amazon or other online retailers, they often have used books. You can learn a lot of SAS with one or two books (search the forum for recommendations). The SAS reference manuals are available for free at support.sas.com.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Doc Muhlbaier for your reply!
Unfortunately I could not find any website other than Amazon where I can get the Base certification book of version9 for less.

Thanks,
Positive soul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation