BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SSN_Ravi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have generated page numbers in trt like x of y. My rreport is having 4 figures in four pages. So, page numbers are comming like 1 of 1, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4. But when i scrolldown to fourth page and come back to first page, first page is changing to 1 of 4. Pl help me in this.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
This sounds like a page refresh issue in some versions of Microsoft Word, when you create an ODS RTF file. This behavior used to happen to me a lot when I was using Office 2000 and 2003. It doesn't happen that much anymore when I use Office 2007.

You have to force a repaginate or a refresh of the page numbers in Word when you open the RTF file. I believe there's a function key for that. I always just scroll down and then back up ... I need to check the output anyway.

This Tech Support note documents the issue and suggests changing to Print Layout:
http://support.sas.com/kb/3/466.html

cynthia
SSN_Ravi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am having office 2007 only. But still I am getting problem. I am not getting for all the reports. This problem is comming for only the code which I posted for Page x of y in pdf querry yesterday.

Thanks,
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have -never- seen mis-numbered pages with PDF and tabular output that uses in-line formatting for page x of y.

You will not be able to use in-line formatting for page x of y page numbering if you have a SAS/GRAPH job because the SAS titles and footnotes are embedded in the graph image and SAS/GRAPH does not use ODS ESCAPECHAR. See this other forum posting for more information:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=37381鈅

You -can- use ODS RTF and the NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options in order to cause RTF to create page x of y page numbering in a document that contains SAS/GRAPH output, as shown in the answer to your other post.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation