BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

SAS does not compute an exact confidence interval for the difference of 2 binomial proportions. Does anybody know how to do this?

Many thanks for your help,

Violaine
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Many thanks for your help,

Violaine
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear all,

I get back to you regarding the calculation of the 95% exact CI for the difference between 2 binomial proportions. For this matter, I would like to use the CT (Coe & Tamhane) method. Coe wrote a SAS macro for this matter (“A SAS® Macro to Calculate Exact Confidence Intervals for the Difference of Two Proportions”, which is a free article), and he explained in another article (“Small sample confidence intervals for the difference, ratio and odds ratio of two success probabilities”, which I will not be able to forward you) the steps of the algorithm for performing the 95% exact CI for the difference between 2 binomial proportions.

Does anybody have read this article? If yes, maybe you can help me… I am stuck at the Step 2.1.
I don’t understand how a min function can be used since to my mind, there is always once delta per acceptance region.

I am really embarassed because I can’t progress! I would be glad if someone could help me!!!

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Violaine

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation