BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

I am trying to analyse data from animal behaviour. 

4 groups (treatments) with 10 animales each. 

4 different activities recorded: Sleep, walk, eat, play.

I want to know if any treatment cause a different proportion of the activity in each group. 

Do someone can help me with this? I need a script to run in SAS. I am using sas for student. 

Example. The data is the frequency of each activity recorded per animal in a period of 2 hours. 

Group 111222 
Animal 123…(10 animals each group)123…10 
Sleep1510 1616  
Walk2314 2323  
Eat1422 2424  
Play2636 5425  

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please supply some example data in a data step with datalines, and an example for the result you expect.

If you want to use your existing dataset (or a subset thereof), use the macro provided in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to convert the dataset to a data step.

Post the resulting code in a code window, as described in https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting?nobounce.

Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! I am trying to to what you have suggested me, but I have being experimenting some problems. 

Just in advance, is proc glimmix categorical analysis suitable for data of behaviour?

Regards.

Reeza
Super User

Don't look for a PROCEDURE, decide the type of statistical analysis you need first. And then someone can either tell you the PROC that will work or you can search for that. 

Ana2017
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza, How are you? I hope everything is fine. 

To choose the type of statistical analysis I need, these are some point to take into account:

I need a test to address the question is there a difference between groups? (independent groups.) Comparing between groups.

10 collection time points.

Independent variables: Categorical data (nominal).

Dependent variables (treatment): Categorical data (nominal).

4 Treatments.

Data with normal distribution (parametric tests)

Can be the Chi-Square X2 test suitable to be used in this situation?

All the best.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation