BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

I have a cross-tab report, and there are many null values in the figure of cross-tab table. In web report studio, it shows a "." for null value. It is very strange, can I change any setting to change it so that null value shows '0" (zero) rather than ".".

8 REPLIES 8
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

how about using condition highlighting.

Thanks,

Shivamissing.png

plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

there is a user-defined format, can it achieve my task?

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

You can also do by writing expression in Imap.

(case when Account_Type . then 0 else Account_Type

end) as Columnname

Thanks,

Shiva

plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

Hi shivas,

when i enter "case when <<t1.f1>> NULL then 0 <<t1.f1>> end" in expression editor of data-item through information map studio. There is error shown:

ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: !, !!, &, *, **, +, -, /, <, <=, <>, =, >, >=, ?, AND, CONTAINS, EQ, EQT, GE, GET, GT, GTT, IS, LE, LET, LIKE, LT, LTT, NE,NET OR, ^=, }, }}, ~=.

ERROR 76-322: Syntax error, statement will be ignored.

** the data type of the field involved is number

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Try this..I have changed your expression.

case when <<t1.f1>>=. then 0  else <<t1.f1>>  end

Thanks,

Shiva

SAPPER
Calcite | Level 5

You could also try to use a coalesce function with a 0 and the column on which you are reporting

UlfB
Calcite | Level 5

To clarify SAPPER's reply, one way of fixing it is to change the expression in the infomap to:

CoalesceEmpty(<<t1.f1>>, 0)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation