BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iamnaveenb
Calcite | Level 5

One of my client is using SAS reporting and we provide SQL query to use them in SAS reporting.

I am not familiar with SAS reporting, forgive me if I sound illogical

We have a table which has a column in which XML data is stored and we have written a sql to extract a specific value.

User tried importing the sql but it is throwing error. Can somebody please help with the solution or any work around to import data in the column 

ERROR AS FOLLOWS: CLI describe error: [SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol

driver][Microsoft SQL Server]SELECT failed because the following SET options have

incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with

indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query

notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please provide your SQL query and what is the data type of the column in SQL Server that is causing the error?

iamnaveenb
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the following SQL

select column_xml.value('(/CompositeDataObject/CompositeDataObjectElement[@SystemName="Applicants"]/CollectionItem/@EncryptedID)[1]', 'varchar(max)')
from v_table1

Column data tyepe is XML()

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation