BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

First of all, I am using OLAP data but it comes in form of a SAS DataSet so its not multi-dimensional anymore.
I need a kind of drill through, more a link to a detail table I guess, but not based on OLAP.

I just need some clarification on the drill through, coming from a Hyperion background I never had to specify the drill through specifics, so now with SAS I am a bit confused:

The documentation reads:
"However, if the cube was loaded from a star schema, a view that fully joins the star schema can be used as a drill-through table. "

In my case I want to use the very same fact table that build my OLAP cube. Is that feasible?
3 REPLIES 3
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Assuming that my fact table contains the following:

--SalesTeam--SalesPerson---Contract--C1Det--..C9Det--Fact
__Bob Sinca__Mike Sura_____C243f_____X1_____X2______45.12
__Charly Vo__Karen Hys_____C3453_____X4_____X4______12.36
__Charly Vo__Karen Hys_____C9933_____V2_____B4______19.36

I want that the cube does not aggregate on the level
Sals Person, showing the number of contracts, for Karen Hys two, but not the contract details. All the contract details should be seen when clicking on Karen Hys (web report) and drilling through to the fact table.

Is that possible or do I misunderstand the concept of drill through?
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
The contract itself should not be part of the sales dimension since it is a small detail that does not matter often. nevertheless for each sales person all
the contract facts have to be summed up and the drill throug should only give the details of the individual contracts and how the sum was created.

Note: I am using OLAP data but it comes in form of a SAS DataSet so its not multi-dimensional anymore.
I need a kind of drill through, more a link to a detail sas oracle view I guess, that was originally used to build the cube.
reneeharper
SAS Employee
Note: I removed this thread in an effort to get it in front of a more appropriate audience. I hope this helps you get a more timely resonse.

-renee

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation