BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SHAZ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am building a home page for SAS EBI tools for our organization, using Information Delivery Portal (4.3). My requirement is to add an announcement module in the portal where all updates/ modifications/ additions recently done or scheduled will be broadcast. Currently, we send out a broadcast email to all SAS users in case of such an event. I have not found any way so far to include such a module. Is there any portlet available which can be incorporated into the portal page?  Any alternative suggestions are welcome. Smiley Happy

Regards

Shaz

2 REPLIES 2
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I also wanted to add an announcements page on our SAS Portal V4.3. There might be a better way to do it, but here's what I did to create a crude hardcoded HTML page...

1. Build a simple HTML page somewhere on your SAS servers or network that can be accessed by all users as a URL. Ours sits on SAS App, which runs Apache web server. This HTML file contains the annoucements message contents.
  2. Create a new page in the portal, called something like NEWS.
  3. Set the page rank to be the lowest number relative to all other pages, e.g. zero or 1, so that it appears at the top by default for all users.
  4. Set the location group to PUBLIC.
  5. For this page, add a portlet called something like "Latest Items".
  6. Also set the location group to PUBLIC.
  7. Set the portet content to be "Display URL Display Portal".
  8. Point the portet URL to your HTML file location.
  9. Untick "Show full HTML content in an inline frame" so that the default font is inherited from the portal stylesheet. However, to make it seamless, you should set the font size and font colours etc. to match your SAS Portal theme.

By editing the HTML file, you can instantly update portal news and annoucements. I have Prod and Dev portals pointing to the same HTML file. I also created a "Known Issues" portet under the NEWS page to list the status of existing problems.

Of course, the URL Display portlet could point to any web page that displayed the information you want to show as portal annoucements.

SHAZ
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the idea boschy. Let me try it out.!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation