BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ajulio4
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Please i have an erro when updating a tabl in CAS with proc cas

ERROR: A collective operation failed because a conflicting collective operation was started on another node
ERROR: Fatal error, action aborted: A previous operation failed due to mismatched operations across the grid. Further operations
can only be performed after the communicator is repaired.
ERROR: A previous operation failed due to mismatched operations across the grid. Further operations can only be performed after the
communicator is repaired.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

ERROR: A collective operation failed because a conflicting collective operation was started on another node
ERROR: Fatal error, action aborted: A previous operation failed due to mismatched operations across the grid. Further operations
can only be performed after the communicator is repaired.
ERROR: A previous operation failed due to mismatched operations across the grid. Further operations can only be performed after the
communicator is repaired.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

Someone can tell me what happening with my code and why my request not ok

Thks

4 REPLIES 4
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

To improve the odds of getting help with this problem, you'll need to share enough information to allow folks to actually help.

1. What is your SAS environment?  Viya 3.x?  Viya 4? 
  2. If code you wrote produced this error, share the code.
  3. If you were using a point-and-click interface, describe the process that produced the error. 
  4. Do you know anything about the caslib involved that might be helpful?

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
ajulio4
Obsidian | Level 7

am woorkin on viya 3.5

proc cas;
table.update  /
table={caslib='Public',name="&reftable",where=%tslit(%str(
upcase(fileref)=upcase("&form_fileref") and upcase(mail)=upcase("&form_mail") 
and upcase(destination)=upcase("&form_caslib")
and upcase(tableout)=upcase("&form_table") ))} set={ {var="actif", value="&value."} }; run; quit;
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

I am unable to replicate this error. I'd recommend opening a tech support case (Customer Service Portal - Customer Support (sas.com).

All the best,

Mark 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
arthurdpereira
Obsidian | Level 7

This error is related to collective operations in a distributed CAS (Cloud Analytic Services) grid environment in SAS, where synchronization between nodes was interrupted. This can happen for various reasons, such as conflicts in simultaneous operations or communication issues between grid nodes.

Here are a few steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check for concurrency: The error indicates that a collective operation conflicted with another on a different node. Check if the code is being executed in parallel or if other processes are accessing the same data sets or CAS tables at the same time. If possible, try running the operation in a less busy environment or when there are no other ongoing operations.
  2. Restart the CAS grid: It may be necessary to restart the nodes or repair the communication between nodes in the CAS grid. The CAS administrator can help check the grid status and restart the services if needed.
  3. Check data consistency: Ensure that the data being updated hasn't been corrupted or is being used by another process that could be causing a conflict. If possible, try isolating the table being updated to ensure that no other processes are trying to modify the same table simultaneously.
  4. Run in a test environment: Try running this operation in a controlled environment with less workload (fewer users, fewer simultaneous operations) to see if the problem persists.
  5. Adjust the code:
    1. Check the variables used in the WHERE clause. There might be issues related to case sensitivity or string formatting, which could cause unexpected behavior.
    2. Make sure that the value of &value. is being interpreted correctly and that the parameters &form_fileref, &form_mail, &form_caslib, and &form_table have valid values.

You might also want to test this code in a non-grid environment to determine whether the issue is with the code or the distributed CAS configuration.

If the problem persists, you may need to check detailed CAS logs and consult SAS technical support to investigate the issue in the infrastructure.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation