BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

I am trying to find a start-to-end description of how SAS suggest implementing analytical models. All the papers, videos, and documentation I have found, starts with some manual import of a local csv file, and ends with the model registered to model manager and published to MAS. But how and where in a Viya environment is the scoring actually supposed to take place? I could see something like connecting to the model repository from a DI-studio job in sas 9.4, and looping though all published models, maybe using the API to retrieve the scoring APIs etc. But I was kind of expecting something like just defining what the scoring data set for each model is in model manager, and setting a time or condition for scoring the model (e.g. when the data has just been updated\uploaded to CAS). But the only thing Model Manager seems to be capable of is running a "scoring test", which I don't quite see the point of, as the dataset used to build the model will have the same metadata as the data used to actually score data. I also don't get how you discontinue\withdraw\de-publish a model. I dont see where I can keep track of which models are actually in production (publishing a model alone does not do anything to score the data or put it in production as far as I can tell). I am also a bit confused about the manual nature of the performance feature. I was expecting Model Manager to monitor performance based on the defined scoring dataset, but the examples I have found seem to suggest something like adding a new file quarterly in quite a manual way. I am kind of missing the suggested\best practice setup all the way from building the Analytical Base Table\Build code, building and managing models (the well covered point), to actually setting the model in production, as in running the scoring. We have all this set up in our 9.4. environment, but I would love to see how this entire model life cycle is suggested to be set up in a viya environment. Is there any videos\blogs\papers that cover this entire process? It seems like there is quite a lot of work to do outiside of Viya\Model manager\Model studio to get all the features up and running.