BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pavelr
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello! Is there a list of all SAS9 elements (programming) which are not valid, not supported or have restrictions in SAS Viya? Could you share a link to that list?

It is important to know what changes must be made in the code before migrating from SAS9 to Viya, but I was surprised that it is difficult to find information on this. Please note that I specifically need information about code elements (procedures, functions, options, etc.) which must be changed before migrating to Viya. 

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The Content Assessment tool can analyze SAS code for functions not supported in Viya.

Using the SAS® System Evaluation Tool in SAS 9 Content Assessment
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/whatsdiff/n1w49eit6yfog6n1w6t81ue288b5.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
pavelr
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. Yes, I know about this tool, and I have used CodeCheck, but I have questions about this tool. Actually, tool is good, but it is not clear why it lists some elements and it would be nice to have a list of all elements somewhere.

If you know The Content Assessment tool very well, can I ask you questions on it?

But at the same time, I am still looking for a list of code elements that are not supported (or have restrictions) in Viya.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Generally speaking the things that don't transfer to Viya are things that don't exist in Viya like the metadata functions, I don't think there is a published list of these code elements.
--
pavelr
Obsidian | Level 7

Well, codeCheck uses some kind of a list, so it would be nice to have it somewhere else.

And like I said, I have questions about codeCheck. For example, it mark as an "issue" proc chart, but proc chart runs well in Viya. So, I do not know how it works. That is the reason why it would be nice to have some kind of a list of elements which should be changed before migrating to Viya.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It looks like this is because it's not included in all Viya orders.

From PROC CHART documentation:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/proc/n106mxnj9wfc80n1umlsyn8g1zld.htm

Restriction: This procedure is not available in SAS Viya orders that include only SAS Visual Analytics.
--
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The descriptions on the link you posted make that look like a tool to evaluate an SAS installation.

It does not have appear to have anything about what parts of SAS code might need modification to work with VIYA.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Sorry about that, here's the doc for the content assessment as a whole, the codeCheck function is the one I was referring to.

Understanding SAS Content Assessment
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/sasadmincdc/v_001LTS/contentassessment/p1ah4sdmjsw5pgn1wb2f1...
--

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation