BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TeeHammed
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of redeploying SAS Viya using the same code that I successfully deployed some time ago. However, I've encountered an issue that has left me rather puzzled.

I'm using CADENCENAME: stable and CADENCEVERSION: 2023.03.

I've followed the documentation and initially deployed the Operator without any issues. However, when attempting to deploy the actual software, I'm encountering a number of errors.

EXCERPTS BELOW:

"level": "info",
"version": 1,
"source": "sas-orchestration",
"messageKey": "[While processing 'default', key 'SAS_SPRE_VAR_PATH' in ConfigMap 'sas-programming-environment-path-config' was defined by multiple components 'sas-batch, sas-compute, sas-connect, sas-job-flow-scheduling, sas-launcher' with the same value\nWhile processing 'default', key 'SAS_SPRE_VAR_PATH_LOG' in ConfigMap 'sas-programming-environment-path-config' was defined by multiple components 'sas-batch, sas-compute, sas-connect, sas-job-flow-scheduling, sas-launcher' with the same value..."

# Warning: 'vars' is deprecated. Please use 'replacements' instead. [EXPERIMENTAL] Run 'kustomize edit fix' to update your Kustomization automatically.
# Warning: 'vars' is deprecated. Please use 'replacements' instead. [EXPERIMENTAL] Run 'kustomize edit fix' to update your Kustomization automatically.

> kubectl apply --namespace sasoperator --timeout 7200s -f /work/permissions/manifest.yaml
role.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/sas-deployment-operator-sasoperator-sas-viya created
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/sas-deployment-operator-sasoperator-sas-viya created
rolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/sas-deployment-operator-sasoperator-sas-viya created
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/sas-deployment-operator-sasoperator-sas-viya created

> run deploy --namespace sasoperator --manifest /work/deploy/manifest.yaml --deploymentDir /work/deploy/resources/generation --serviceAccountName sas-deployment-operator-reconcile-permissions --timeout 7200s --clusterApiNamespace  --clusterApiManifest /work/cluster-api/clusterAPIManifest.yaml

> start_leading sasoperator

> kubectl delete --namespace sasoperator --wait --timeout 7200s --ignore-not-found configmap sas-deploy-lifecycle-operation-variables

According to the documentation, the 'vars' is deprecated warning, can be safely ignored, so I'm not too concerned about this.

It's the "While processing 'default', key 'SAS_SPRE_VAR_PATH' in ConfigMap 'sas-programming-environment-path-config' was defined by multiple components 'sas-batch, sas-compute, sas-connect, sas-job-flow-scheduling, sas-launcher' with the same value' "that has left me in a dilemma.

Has anyone come across this issue before? I'm currently unsure of its root cause and would sincerely appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance that could assist me in resolving it.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There's not a lot of users in the SAS Community with hands-on admin experience with Viya 4. You will probably get a faster response using Tech Support.