BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thedcoii
Obsidian | Level 7

We experienced an issue in production where the server would stop responding with the following error message in the log. 

'Error failed to create Cache thread, system resources have been exceeded. The working memorylimit is 2048MB.'

using JMeter and load testing I was able to recreate the issue in development and identify the working memory limit. From there I increased the memory limit to 4GB and the error appears to have went away. 

However, I do want to be able to recreate it again and after down grading the memory limit and confirming it was adjusted I am unable to load the server to failure again. Even in our largest test case the performance degrades from 2sec responses to 58sec, but I cannot crash the server. 

Has anyone experienced something similar, have any idea what we are doing wrong or how to identify and fix this issue with any confidence? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This type of problem is best handled by Tech Support as it requires detailed knowledge of your Viya installation and memory settings which we don't have.

thedcoii
Obsidian | Level 7

Understood tech is stumped too and I've had situations on here where people in the community who have experienced similar issues do know better how to address it then tech support. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If Tech Support is not giving sufficient answers then I would escalate. I've never had a recent experience with Tech Support where they are "stumped". Also when posting this type of problem it would help if you could supply Viya version, OS version and evidence from server logs.