BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alperebb
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

My manager said there was a product called IML. Unfortunately, he is not familiar with SAS and I am a new user. Neither of us know what IML is, but he sent me a screenshot which I will share with you below. And he asked how we can access these products from within SAS. I don't know if we can use this product because I'm not familiar with the company's agreement with SAS. But if you can help me, I would appreciate it.
6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You didn't share a screen capture.

IML is an Interactive Matrix Language, it allows you to code matrix algebra formulas.

You can go into SAS and run this line of code and see if SAS/IML is listed

proc setinit; run;
--
Paige Miller
alperebb
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry,

CAS action Set IML Programming
SAS/IML
SAS/IML Studio

This is what was written in the screenshot, I could not attach a photo to the post.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@alperebb wrote:
Sorry,

CAS action Set IML Programming
SAS/IML
SAS/IML Studio

This is what was written in the screenshot, I could not attach a photo to the post.

I have explained to you how to determine if you have access to IML, please follow those instructions.

--
Paige Miller
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @alperebb 

If you have SAS software installed at your organization or you have access to private SAS deployment (Hosted in the Cloud), I would recommend reading this blog How to find release and licensing information in SAS Viya?  and apply what fits your SAS software flavor (V9 or Viya) 

This blog Installing R for SAS IML in SAS Viya should provide some insight what IML is and what it can do.

Hope this helps

Ksharp
Super User
Calling @Rick_SAS
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Since you are new to SAS and are unfamiliar with the IML language, I encourage you to share what you are trying to accomplish. There might be other SAS procedures that can solve your problem that might be easier for you. For example, SAS has dedicated procedures for regression, clustering, time series analysis, and more.