BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BigRider
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys ! 

In SAS 9.4 I had some scripts which I use to extract some details from metadata folders like permissions, last modified date, who created, etc...using them in a internal audit reporting. I´m looking that now in SAS Vyia so many information of environment also can get via Rest API, but I couldn´t identified any example of how can I get the permissioning details of a folder in SAS Vyia Content in the API github or documentation.

I´d like to extract the authorization details of a folder of this screen via a script ou API call. could anyone help me ?

Best Regards

ExtractMetadata.png

2 REPLIES 2
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @BigRider,

The good news is, you have several options.

1. The  sas-admin authorization explains command. sas-admin commands run from the SAS Viya CLI. More information is found on the documentation page.
  2. You can use the pyviyatools library which is a Python command-line tool that call the SAS Viya REST APIs. You'd want to look into the explainaccess.py tool.
  3. Finally, you could use the Core Services-> Authorization REST API directly. The API is defined on developer.sas.com and here is an example of the API from the devsascom-rest-api-samples repository.

I hope one of these options will satisfy your requirement.

Thanks,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

BigRider
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Joe !,

Thanks for quick answer. It´s exactly What I was looking for.

I´ll try it and post the results after I´ll get it.

All the best,