BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fireworkssheep
Calcite | Level 5

I'm getting acquainted with a new SAS Viya 4 hosted on aws. Most operations are though the various SAS webpages.

I found that I can Export files from the Work location to the "SAS Content/Users/my-user". From that location I can download the files though the web interface.

I've tried to connect to a windows file share:

`libname out "//server-name/folder/directory"; 

but receaved a  "is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state" error.  I am working with my administrator, as they are also new with SAS Viya, but we haven't found a good explanation for this error yet.

Is there something I can do, or provide the admin to access either location (SAS Content or Windows SMB)

1 REPLY 1
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
There are a few issues with connecting to a windows file share from Viya 4 on AWS.
1. These run on Linux containers so a UNC path would not be valid.
2. The server share would need to be accessible from the cluster in AWS.
3. The share would need to be mounted into the compute server pods for them to be accessible to the SAS session.

Adding a mount to the compute server is discussed in sas-bases/examples/sas-compute-server/configure/README.md

The error you are encountering is because by default we set the LOCKDOWN option which limits which access methods and paths can be used. The error is saying the path you are trying to access is not in that list. More information on that can be found here:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/sasadmincdc/v_038/calsrvpgm/p04d9diqt9cjqnn1auxc3yl1ifef.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer