BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Omar_K
Calcite | Level 5

I used to work on SAS base desktop where I was able to export SAS data to external excel files.

However, I am currently working on SAS Viya on Linux server. How could I do the same and export from SAS Viya to physical disk?

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Any scripted approach that worked in with your locally installed SAS version will still work under SAS Viya (Compute).

The big difference for you will be that you need to use directory paths that are accessible to your remote SAS server - which is not a local path. You can try a path that you see under Files in SAS Studio.

If you want to export a table that's loaded into CAS then you can still use your existing scripts as long as the source CAS table is accessible via a libname that uses the CAS engine (if you can see the table under SAS Studio then that's what you can use). The process will then first pull the data from CAS to Compute and then create the Excel file on the Compute side. 

If you want to directly write a CAS table to Excel you would need to use Proc Casutil or CAS action table.save

Using SAS Studio you can download files from the server to the client side by right clicking on the file to get the download option in the drop down menu. 

thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello
I too have similar question.  My environment is SAS Viya 4 (2023.10 on AWS) and the task before me is to replicate the   "Send to excel feature" in SAS EG in SAS 9.4 using SAS Studio V that comes with SAS Viya4.
Wondering if anybody has been able to achieve this?

thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello
I got the answer to my question. Looks like send to excel feature is not available in SAS Studio of Viya 4 at this time.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@thesasuser - It's now possible to use SAS EG with Viya 4 with the latest EG version 8.4.