BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NarutoDP
Calcite | Level 5

Alternatively and/or complementary you can also post-process the SAS log manually to remove any confidential PII information like IP addresses, credentials, server names etc. --- I did do this but partially. I will try to get the whole log edited without the confidential information. 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It would be helpful if you posted your PROC DOWNLOAD SAS log, including how you are pointing to the CSV file to be downloaded. Are you using FILENAME statements for example? 

NarutoDP
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I am using the "filename" statement to point to the csv file that I want to download.

SAS Log:

NOTE: TEXT download in progress from infile=/.../../../../../filename.csv to outfile=datasetname
NOTE: A byte-order mark in the file "/.../../../../../filename.csv" (for fileref "#LN00009")
indicates that the data is encoded in "utf-8". This encoding will be used to process the file.
NOTE: The file datasetname is file filename.csv.
WARNING: A character that could not be transcoded was encountered.
ERROR: Download function terminated. The file created may be unusable.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Just to make sure (ideally share the code and full log!): You are running this on your Viya machine in a rsubmit block, infile= points to your remote server location and outfile= points to a valid path for the client Viya environment. Is that correct? And did you specify binary for the log you shared? ...because with binary there shouldn't be any transcoding errors ....because it's binary.

NarutoDP
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response.

1) "You are running this on your Viya machine in a rsubmit block, infile= points to your remote server location and outfile= points to a valid path for the client Viya environment. Is that correct? " --- Yes, you are correct.

2)  And did you specify binary for the log you shared? --- When I specify the binary option, as I have posted for another answer, the error is as below:

Warning: A character that cannot be transcoded was encountered.

Error: An exception has been encountered.

Error: File ....... does not exist.

3) Just to make sure (ideally share the code and full log!): I understand that it would be helpful if I shared the code and the log but I cannot. Apologies for that.

I appreciate you and the other user trying to help me out. 

NarutoDP
Calcite | Level 5

2)  And did you specify binary for the log you shared? --- When I specify the binary option, as I have posted for another answer, the error is as below:

Warning: A character that cannot be transcoded was encountered.

Error: Invalid Data Length --- Sorry, had missed this one out...........

Error: An exception has been encountered.

Error: File ....... does not exist.

NarutoDP
Calcite | Level 5

Pls find attached the edited but complete log when I use the Binary option. Hope it assists you all to help me out. Thank you.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
NOTE: The client session encoding utf-8 does not match the server session encoding latin1. 
This may produce errors when moving some character data. Search "SAS/CONNECT Encoding Compatibility" for details.

So it seems your two SAS sessions are not compatible.

Also this does not look good.  You closed the RSUBMIT before you ended the PROC DOWNLOAD step with a RUN statement.

3     /* proc download infile="&udfile3." outfile=datas3 status=yes; */

4     proc download infile="&udfile3." outfile=datas3 binary status=yes;

NOTE: Remote submit to xxxX complete.

119   signoff;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation