BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am getting this error while loading a table from Mysql to cas.

We have SAS?ACCESS interface to odbc.Through this, I am trying to pull the data from mysql using a DSN defined in odbc.ini.

here are the queries I used.

caslib sqldata datasource=(srctype="odbc" username="read_only_test_user"  
password="xxxxxxxxxxxx" odbc_dsn="MYSQL_DENODO_DIRECT" dm_unicode="utf-16") global;

proc casutil;
   list files incaslib="sqldata";

proc casutil;
   load casdata="test_portugal"   incaslib="SQLDATA"                     
        casout="test_portugal" outcaslib="DBDATA" ;
run;

And im getting the below error:

ERROR: Table test_portugal variable ? offset exceeds the varying data buffer.
 ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

Is this related to the SAS/ACCESS interface. Do we need to have SAS?ACCESSinterface to MySql for this. I hope thats not required as we are anyways connecting to mysql using ODBC DSN.

Please clarify. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Hot Fix is currently under development. When it will be available, you will be able to install it by upgrading package: sas-tkcdfts.x86_64. If you want to add your company name to the defect, open the technical support track.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The error occurs when a row contains an empty or null value for the VARCHAR or VARBINARY option and a large object such as a BLOB or a CLOB. There is no workaround for this issue. A hot fix is planned for this issue.

http://support.sas.com/kb/61/928.html

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Alex, Thanks for that!!

Yes, As soon as I searched for this error in google, I found this link. I had gone through this link before posting the query. However, I could not understand it, as its stating about a hotfix. How, can I get this hotfix to be done here? I wanted to know about performing the hotfix for this. Thanks!!
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Hot Fix is currently under development. When it will be available, you will be able to install it by upgrading package: sas-tkcdfts.x86_64. If you want to add your company name to the defect, open the technical support track.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Okay...Got it. Thank you Alex!!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation