BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

I have EG 8.4 connected to my Viya 4 2024.06 compute server. To authenticate I generate an authorization code. I haven't really paid attention to how often I need provide a new authorization code. How long does the authorization code last before I have to refresh?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wilbram-SAS
SAS Employee

@Technolero , if I'm not mistaken SAS Enterprise Guide retrieves an Authorization Code and a Refresh Token when you connect the first time to a SAS Viya Compute server. The Authorization Code is used for creating and accessing the Compute server session and is short-lived. When it expires or when a new session needs to be created, EG will use the Refresh Token to request another Authorization Code.

Now regarding validity of these tokens, both can be configured by your SAS administrator:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joeFurbee
Community Manager

@Technolero,

I don't believe there's an expiration on the auth token; however with any client connection there may be circumstances where the auth token gets rejected. In that case you would have to generate a new auth token and go through the connection process.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @joeFurbee. It seems like it prompts me for a code every few days (maybe a week). I will pay more attention and share what I find.

Wilbram-SAS
SAS Employee

@Technolero , if I'm not mistaken SAS Enterprise Guide retrieves an Authorization Code and a Refresh Token when you connect the first time to a SAS Viya Compute server. The Authorization Code is used for creating and accessing the Compute server session and is short-lived. When it expires or when a new session needs to be created, EG will use the Refresh Token to request another Authorization Code.

Now regarding validity of these tokens, both can be configured by your SAS administrator:

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you @Wilbram-SAS ! That was exactly what I was looking for!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation