BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DvdM
Calcite | Level 5

I have experienced that the feature extraction node can give varying results based on the random seed used for RPCA/SVD. I have a feature extraction node which has resulted in high scores, so I would like to be able to reuse that exact node in another project/pipeline. Duplicating does not work as it will reset the seed, resulting in different outcomes. Does anyone know how I can copy the node (with its seed) or use its score code in a different project?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HarrySnart
SAS Employee

Hi @DvdM 

If you want to re-use the output data from the node you can view and save the output data from the node results. This can be saved as an in-memory CAS table for use in other projects. 

HarrySnart_1-1644943634401.png

If you want to re-use the code used to generate the results, you can save the score code from the node. This is on the summary tab of the node results. 

HarrySnart_0-1644943584489.png

An example of the score code (you can use the programming tasks in SAS Studio to generate the code for you)

*Point to score code saved from Model Studio Node;
filename sfile '/home/sukhsn/casuser/PCA_Score.sas';
*Create output dataset calling score file; data CASUSER.PCA_OUT; set CASUSER.HMEQ; %include sfile; run; *View results;
proc print data = CASUSER.PCA_OUT;run;

If you want to re-use the settings you selected for the node, you can save the node to the exchange. This can then be added to new Model Studio pipelines for re-use.

I hope this helps

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HarrySnart
SAS Employee

Hi @DvdM 

If you want to re-use the output data from the node you can view and save the output data from the node results. This can be saved as an in-memory CAS table for use in other projects. 

HarrySnart_1-1644943634401.png

If you want to re-use the code used to generate the results, you can save the score code from the node. This is on the summary tab of the node results. 

HarrySnart_0-1644943584489.png

An example of the score code (you can use the programming tasks in SAS Studio to generate the code for you)

*Point to score code saved from Model Studio Node;
filename sfile '/home/sukhsn/casuser/PCA_Score.sas';
*Create output dataset calling score file; data CASUSER.PCA_OUT; set CASUSER.HMEQ; %include sfile; run; *View results;
proc print data = CASUSER.PCA_OUT;run;

If you want to re-use the settings you selected for the node, you can save the node to the exchange. This can then be added to new Model Studio pipelines for re-use.

I hope this helps

Harry

DvdM
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for your reply Harry. I indeed want to re-use the generated code to score other data. I saved the score code from the node and uploaded it to my folder. However,  when I run the exact code that you supplied (with the necessary changes of user information of course) I get the error 'Libref CASUSER is not assigned'. Could you tell me how I could resolve this?

Thank you again! 

HarrySnart
SAS Employee

Hi @DvdM you need to have an active CAS session to run the score code. To assign the CASUSER CASLIB you can simply run 

libname casuser cas;

Thanks

Harry