BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DannyEis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all, 

We want to deploy SAS Viya 4 (Pay-As-You-Go) on Azure. I know that there is an automated deployment available, which sets up the corresponding azure infrastructure and installs the SAS Viya 4 software. 

Unfortunately we cannot use that kind of deployment, as we have to create our own azure infrastructure due to compliance and data protection reasons.

1. Is there any manual deployment documentation (How many machines?, which machines?, which sizes?, how many and which steps need to be deployed etc.?)
  2. Furthermore is the SAS Viya Pay-As-You-Go solution still possible to install then?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Danny 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @DannyEis -

This is an interesting request! Unfortunately, the Azure marketplace offering type that we use does not support BYO infrastructure.

Of course, you can deploy traditionally licensed SAS Viya on your own deployed infrastructure, as documented here:

However, when you do this, you don't have the PAYG option.

I'm not aware of an Azure marketplace offering type we could use that allows for BYO infrastructure. But, I'll certainly reach out to our Microsoft partner contacts to see if there are options we might be able to support in the future.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @DannyEis -

This is an interesting request! Unfortunately, the Azure marketplace offering type that we use does not support BYO infrastructure.

Of course, you can deploy traditionally licensed SAS Viya on your own deployed infrastructure, as documented here:

However, when you do this, you don't have the PAYG option.

I'm not aware of an Azure marketplace offering type we could use that allows for BYO infrastructure. But, I'll certainly reach out to our Microsoft partner contacts to see if there are options we might be able to support in the future.

Best regards,

Rich

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you gone through the existing documentation as covered in this post? https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya-on-Microsoft-Azure/How-to-get-support-for-SAS-Viya-on-the-Mi...

From what I understand (which isn't a lot) you go through the Azure Marketplace make point-and-click selections and then your Viya environment is created by automated scripting. I'm not aware of any manual deployment option.