BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jorgerodriguezm
Calcite | Level 5

How should a team that will manage the SAS Viya Platform in Azure be formed? What roles should you have other than a SAS Architect and SAS Administrator?

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Without any details of your use case it is near impossible to provide useful advice. AFAIK, Azure is only available on cloud platforms so the question is who is maintaining and supporting that environment? You need to be clear where responsibilities lie. Is someone else looking after the cloud infrastructure and Azure environment and you are only responsible for maintaining and supporting SAS Viya?

jorgerodriguezm
Calcite | Level 5

The architecture we have is the following: The SAS Viya tenant is a SaaS model, but due to security guidelines, the data will not be stored in the SAS Viya tenant. The data will be stored in an Azure Subscription within the company's internal network. The use cases that we will have are credit score models deployed online through APIS in AKS and deployment of models in batch mode. My responsibility falls more on the internally deployed Azure infrastructure. But as Owner of the SAS Viya application in the cloud, I must guarantee its availability and attention to incidents.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'd suggest a multi-disciplinary team. A SAS Architect role is not likely to be a full-time one. Where I work I'm an architect, administrator, developer and user depending on what work needs doing. Depending on the size and compexity of your installation, then a small multi-role administration team may be the way to go.

BTW, have you given consideration to change management? I'm finding that change management has become an increasing part of a SAS administrator's role. In our case we are using Azure DevOps as our tool of choice which would seem to be good fit for your use case. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation