BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am using the va8.5 and have the requirement of url link should be open on the List object report where as the columns of name ,age and id will the columns if we click on the id value it should pass the parameter to the third party application should display the values of the id person details. This is requirement.

as I did similar way but thing is on list table when i click it is selecting the entire row and open the third partly application but not showing the id details.(where as i have access to the third application to see the values and this is having auto login facility ).

I am unable to click on only id value as it is highlighting the entire row and where where ever I click the url is opening  not only id values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you !

Yes, I append in a new column and hide it and testing goin on.

how do i check the log how the values are passed by row when we click on the id_num values.

can we check logs like EG about the va report, when we click on any value it much be a query behing the screens so I need to check  exact value has been passed . 

please share the info on how to check the vi report logs .

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You should be able to add a parameter to the URL to pass just the ID value in the row to the URL. Click the + sign to add the parameter. 

Madelyn_SAS_2-1664221662676.png

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
in my link http://xxxx.xxx.xxxx/arsys/hhhhh/viewform/hhhhh?form=LPD:help+Desk&server=systemf5&qual='1000000121'..."##"

in my parameter passing what should pass ?
when we click the value of list table it should open the ## ("bic000001254") in third pary internal site that id details which user has access to view it.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To use a parameter in a URL link, you should not try to add the parameter to the URL itself. Instead, you click the + sign, and select the name of the column (ID) with the value that you want to pass. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you @Madelyn.
http://xxxx.xxx.xxxx/arsys/hhhhh/viewform/hhhhh?form=LPD:help+Desk&server=systemf5&qual='1000000121'..."##"
I have passed the parameter after a click on + sign and select id =qual

then url passing the parameter but here the problem is I received the url with qual='1000000121' ="##" (actual id value should replace in the position of ##).
my question/doubt is it possible to pass like qual='100000121' ='MC0000221'
ID_NUMBER= qual
after clicking on the list table id number i am getting error.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

here is how i am passing the parameter , i am confusing qual='10000121'='##'

in the place ## I should pass the id value , where passing parameter what parameter value I should mention and per the url qual='10000121'='##' before ## there is not parameter like &p= (example).

vallsas_0-1664285843100.png

result of browser:

vallsas_1-1664285965329.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you select a data item as the Parameter with a Target, it will add ?target=value to the end of the URL. For example, I selected this: 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1664288581354.png

And the following was added to the end of my URL when I passed the name Louise.

?qual=Louise

Additional parameters with a target will be added as &target=value. So, if I add Age as a second parameter, this is added to the end of my URL. 

?qual=Louise&age=15

Your URL will need to include everything it needs so that adding ?target=value (and any additional parameters) will be sufficient to get the results that you want. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

yes,I understand your message and I want to recheck where as qual='100000121'=

in the url 

and

in the source                    target

id_num                  qual

after passing like that the result url is qual="actual value from table" appearing the developer(who is proving the url) is saying that we need to  pass after '10000121'="then actual value" (from table). 10000121 is constant for every id value so we need to keep it and then pass the id value.

any comments on this pls.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You could possibly remove '10000121'= from the end of the URL, create a new calculated item that concatenates that to the beginning of the id_num field, hide that data item in the table, and then select the new calculated item as the Source and qual as the Target

KeithM
SAS Employee

Another option is to create a new data item in the table that is the complete URL for that particular row of data.  Thus, you can use the concatenate function to include anything in your data and get the URL for that row exactly like you want it.  Add that url data item as a hidden data item on the roles.  To make the URL link only use the data item as the URL, only add the data item as a parameter and leave everything else blank.  For example, I have a data item called MyURL.  It has a value of "http://www.sas.com". (each row could have a unique url).

KeithM_1-1664381084604.png

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

thank you !

I have too many values in a columns so every row appending the url is resource utilization is more.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you !

Yes, I append in a new column and hide it and testing goin on.

how do i check the log how the values are passed by row when we click on the id_num values.

can we check logs like EG about the va report, when we click on any value it much be a query behing the screens so I need to check  exact value has been passed . 

please share the info on how to check the vi report logs .

KeithM
SAS Employee

Try adding the URL to your table right next to the id you are clicking on.  The URL that you view is the exact URL that will be sent.  There is one thing to be aware of.  Blank spaces are not converted to url syntax so you have to be sure your URL will work directly as is.   I'm sure there is a converter out there where you can type in any URL and it will give you the correct URL.  In regards to what exactly is passed, I typically click on the URL at the top of the page to examine it.  I'm sure you could also turn on the Browser Developer tools and examine the network log.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am not sure that I understand the question. The second report is filtered by the clicked ID so the report itself confirms that ID that was passed. The URL itself would also contain the parameter value. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
about logs of the va report, when we click on the id value it must be passing the id_num to the url link. so if want to see the log of the report where can we find about parameters are passed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation