BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I've been trying to import some data as csv file, however I am getting an error:

5 The SAS System 19:26 Thursday, February 2, 2017

43 Options VALIDVARNAME=ANY VALIDMEMNAME=EXTEND;
44 %macro deletedsifexists(lib,name);
45 %if %sysfunc(exist(&lib..&name.)) %then %do;
46 proc datasets library=&lib. nolist;
47 delete &name.;
48 quit;
49 %end;
50 %mend deletedsifexists;
ERROR: Metadata Server denied access to operation.
52 /* Remove target data table from Library */
53 %deletedsifexists(LASRLIB, salesrbt);

I have tried removing spaces from the output table name as one of the sugesstions from google. I am still not able to get through. Kindly help!!!!

Thanks,

Jitin Sethi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using SAS VA and it auto creates the delete macro that you are seeing in the error log. 

I got my issue fixed after deleting the AUTOLOAD Log fines from the server. There were around 30,000 log files that were required to be cleared.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

What type of SAS are you using, e.g. Enterprise Guide, DI, etc.  This post should most definately not be in Community Matters!

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Include the libname statement and matadata server options if you have any.

My guess is that you either has a META engine allocation that doesn't allow delete operations, or perhaps you are working with a metadata bound library?

Data never sleeps
ballardw
Super User

If you are trying to import CSV then why are you attempting to delete a data set? If successful the import will overwrite the existing data set.

I suspect that you have issues about permissions with that library

run this code:

Libname LASRLIB list;

Look at the log to see characteristics and see if you have something like READONLY

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using SAS VA and it auto creates the delete macro that you are seeing in the error log. 

I got my issue fixed after deleting the AUTOLOAD Log fines from the server. There were around 30,000 log files that were required to be cleared.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation