BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

Before I could logon logical workspace server with user sassrv,

but sometimes I Cannot logical workspace server with user sassrv in sas 9.4 M2 as attached image.

Please help me to fix them.

Thanks so much.

16 REPLIES 16
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

for my own info: do you have SAS Token Authentication on the Workspace Server? With sassrv? Have you checked permissions on the SAS metadata for SAS General Servers account and in the OS folders for the sassrv account?

Did you checked your umask configurations? http://support.sas.com/kb/38/040.html

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Juans!

I'd like to sask uoy some question!

1. Is sas envirentment manager agent is related to below error?? (because it is not UP).

2. I have just restart sas.service stop/start sas service, I can logon logical workspace servser, Why??? But sometimes I met above error.

3. how to "checked permissions on the SAS metadata for SAS General Servers account and in the OS folders for the sassrv account"???

Thanks so much!

htin
Quartz | Level 8

srr, 2. I have just restart sas.servers stop/start sas service, I can logon logical workspace servser, Why??? But sometimes I met above error.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
  1. The agent has nothing to do with this. The Object Spawner is the one that creates the Workspace Server session.
  2. Perhaps you need to check the logs of your Object Spawner or your Workspace Server (the WS has the log disabled by default, you will need to enable them). http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=p0atyzdgfzbsjfn1j4bbbt14ic7t.htm&docsetVer...
  3. Before focusing on 3, focus on 1,2 and 4. Then check permissions of the sassrv account on the Logs location/s, on SASWORK, and the home folder. Can you validate Stored Process and Pooled Workspace servers?
  4. Did you check the umask settings?

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Juans!

1. Did you check the umask settings? --> 0022
  2. Perhaps you need to check the logs of your Object Spawner or your Workspace Server (the WS has the log disabled by default, you will need to enable them). --> folder ...WorkSpaceServer/Logs is not anythings and you see SpawnerLogs is as attached file.
htin
Quartz | Level 8

file error.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

in config/Lev1/ObjectSpawner/Logs and config/Lev1/WorkspaceServer/Logs if you have not set up single log directories, or the logs directory.

As previously mentioned, for the Workspace Server, you would need to enable logs, at least temporary, as on the URL link previously shared/

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks so much Juans, your pro!

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juans!

I have fixed this abow error following your instruction, everythings is OK, But after some hours The old error was launch.

I think that we didn't  still fix all errors related to it, I have sent logs of workspace server, stored process, spawner and error image as attached file.

Please see again and help to me to fix them!

Thanks so much.

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Juans!

It's seems that It is here: "ERROR: No disk space is available for the write operation.  Filename = /tmp/SAS_util00010091005C_zvneanprd02/ut005C000003.utl." and I have added addidtional disk size of /tmp folder and It works as before.

Although It's OK, please explain to me why related to disk szie of folder /tmp.

Thanks so much.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

this is actually a great question.

SAS creates every SAS session with a temporary space location, named SASWORK and UTILLOC (config parameter WORK and UTILLOC).

So it stores temporary tables, intermediate tables (for sorting, and joins), etc. Meaning, it can grow quite fast and have intensive I/O.

By default, SASWORK and UTILOC are on the same location under a parameter named WORK, and by default this location is on the /tmp folder.

It is highly recommended by SAS to change this location to a different one (such as /saswork), actually, a different mount/volume with higher specifications regarding performance on I/O Throughput. 

You will find how to change this on (see also http://support.sas.com/kb/24/548.html 😞

• SAS Foundation : sashome/SASFoundation/nls/(yourlang)/sasv9.cfg
  • SAS Application Server:
    • /config/Levx/SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg
    • /config/Levx/SASApp/XXXXXServer/sasv9_usermods.cfg --> In your case, /config/Levx/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/sasv9_usermods.cfg

Also, some periodic cleanup of the /tmp of any SASWORK mount sounds like a good idea 

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/14/finding-and-deleting-orphaned-sas-work-and-sas-utility-...

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks so much Juans!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

my pleasure @htin, did it help?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 in conversation