BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ahawkins61
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataframe that has been transposed in such a way that the measure groups are across the top (activity dates) and the records trail vertically (record 1 goes A1-A10, instead of A1-J1).  The transpose occurs in the data plan. 

As such, when this is input into a Visual Analytics list table, VA thinks the records are still horizontal, so any filtering slices across all records, instead of selecting a single or several whole records.  I need a way to filter the records so that selecting a drop down refilters which vertical records appear in the list table.

Is there any to, after selecting a value in a filter box, to reactivate the data plan and have the refiltered record appear in the list table?  I understand that this is a tall order, but the data has to appear a very particular way and I couldn't think of a way to do the filtering.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation