BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello guys,

I would like to apply a search on a drop-down control. Do you know if it's possible or the best workaround for this functionality?

The data on the Drop-down has too many elements and the user would like to do a search to find a specific element.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Rorigo

3 REPLIES 3
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi,

Instead of Dropdown, use List Control.

Thanks,
Teja
rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Teja,

thank you for your answer. I've already tried that before without success. 

How can I search for a specific element in a List Control?

Regards,

Rodrigo

c_clay
Calcite | Level 5

Work around:

Add a Text Input-control to your report. Create a parameter on this Text input (say Parameter1).

Add a filter to your Dropdown-object like this:

( LowerCase('ElementName'n) Contains LowerCase('Parameter1'p) )

As the user inputs text in the Text Input-control, the possible choises in the DropDown is limited to those elements that contains the inputted text. The full list of elements is showed in the Drop Down when the TextInput is empty.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation