BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

When I am trying to create a SAS Dataset LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY error. Please find the error details below

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0

content = (null)

errorID = 0

faultCode = "Server.Processing"

faultDetail = (null)

faultString = "com.sas.biv.exception.BivException : com.sas.lasr.LASRServerOutOfMemoryException: ERROR: Insufficient resources to perform the operation. (errorCode=LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY, params=[])"

message = "faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'com.sas.biv.exception.BivException : com.sas.lasr.LASRServerOutOfMemoryException: ERROR: Insufficient resources to perform the operation. (errorCode=LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY, params=[])' faultDetail:'null'"

name = "Error"

rootCause = (Object)#1

cause = (null)

errorResponseCode = "LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY"

localizedMessage = "com.sas.lasr.LASRServerOutOfMemoryException: ERROR: Insufficient resources to perform the operation. (errorCode=LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY, params=[])"

message = "com.sas.lasr.LASRServerOutOfMemoryException: ERROR: Insufficient resources to perform the operation. (errorCode=LASR_OUT_OF_MEMORY, params=[])"

params = (Array)#2

[0] ""

suppressed = (Array)#3

null

We have aroubd 62 GB memory on the server, with more than 49GB available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

the memory limits for LASR are first on the SAS configuration (sasv9.conf or sasv9_usermods.conf).

You can find those files on the SASFoundation/9.4/nls and in your SASApp configuration folder.

The options you will need are:

-MEMSIZE

-SORTSIZE

and

-MEMMAXSZ can help too.

As the LASR server is a process that is running all the time, you will need to stop the LASR server and start it again in order to take the new configuration effect.

Then, you can start loading the data.

I would advise you to read the documentation for the LASR server and the Aministration Guide for SAS VIsual Analytics.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

the memory limits for LASR are first on the SAS configuration (sasv9.conf or sasv9_usermods.conf).

You can find those files on the SASFoundation/9.4/nls and in your SASApp configuration folder.

The options you will need are:

-MEMSIZE

-SORTSIZE

and

-MEMMAXSZ can help too.

As the LASR server is a process that is running all the time, you will need to stop the LASR server and start it again in order to take the new configuration effect.

Then, you can start loading the data.

I would advise you to read the documentation for the LASR server and the Aministration Guide for SAS VIsual Analytics.

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

I have added the memsize = 5g in sasv9_local file and restarted the LASR server. Ideally what should be the memsize for SAS VA server?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

the memsize is the memory size of your sas processes. Meaning:

If you set LASR server to be 5 GB, 5GB will be the limit of data you can load into memory. This is not the only limit, but I wanted to give you a quick and easy explanation.

I would set this one as 0 (meaning, no limit) or 32 GB, something like this.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I don't know if many user or data will be present in your LASR/VA system. Or if you already had a good sizing of your servers.

If the answer is 1st YES and 2nd NO, I would advise to contact your SAS representative and ask for a good sizing of your hardware.

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

The MEMSIZE was default in SAS Batch server. I have changed it to 0 and restarted the LASR server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation