BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vivekchauhan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have to build a report which contains drill down capability (Crosstab with Hierarchy seems to be a perfect match).

I have created a Hierarchy in a crosstab but upon drilling down I want a capability to hide some rows or when we reach last level of drilling, data should be drilled for certains rows (not every row).

Is there any way I could implement this?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

In your requirements, what determines what rows to hide? Is it based on the user who is doing the drilldown? For some users you want to see the detail and for others you don't? If that is the case, it seems you want to do implement row-level security. Have a look at this paper which may help you implement this - http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1779-2015.pdf

Please report back if this is what you are after and if not, to provide a more detailed explanation on what certain rows you want to hide and when.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
vivekchauhan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Hiding rows on user basis was one of my question saved for later stages but I am glad I got the answer now itself.

However for now I am looking for capability like this

-BMW

-Threeseries

-Tyres

-Engine

-Maxspeed           

-Fiveseries

-Tyres

-Engine

-Maxspeed           

-ThreeSerConvertible

-Tyes

-Tubeless

-Engine

-Litre1.6

-Litre1.8

Maxspeed

In the above example, I can drill down upto level three for "ThreeSerConvertible". But I don't to drill down to other two categories (Threeseries, Fiveseries) despite having data inside.

Would it be possible to do it without using security aspect?

Looking forward for you reply.

Thanks

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

So to confirm you only want to keep the rows that are for ThreeSerConvertible? If that is the case, then you can create a filter (on the right pane tab for the object) on the data item that has the values Threeseries, Fiveseries and ThreeSerConvertible and only keep the rows for ThreeSerConvertible.

I hope I've understood your requirement and this is what you are after. Please report back.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
vivekchauhan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

But since they are in hierarchy, if I put filter for category it will hide for all.

In my example we have four category in hierarchy

Car->Model->Accessories->Specifications

which makes this data set

-BMW

-Threeseries

-Tyres

-Engine

-Maxspeed           

-Fiveseries

-Tyres

-Engine

-Maxspeed           

-ThreeSerConvertible

-Tyes

-Tubeless

-Engine

-Litre1.6

-Litre1.8

Maxspeed

So as per your suggestion if I put filter on Model (ThreesSerConvertible) it will also hide for rest of the dataset too.

I hope it makes sense.

Regards

Vivek

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation