BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LOLADADA
Calcite | Level 5

Capture.GIFCapture2.GIF

Hi,

I'm currently struggling to figure out how to create a calculated item that counts - total TCN and groups by claim type and MCO name.  I don't know what the best way is to lay this out I am using the "IF ELSE" statement but keep getting a type mismatch message: "expected type at this location is Boolean, type of item being applied is Numeric" prompt  when using the sub string and find string operators.

I am currently trying to use this format - see screenshot above ----any ideas folks?

1 REPLY 1
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

FindChar returns a number for the first position of any of the desired chars to find.  I think it returns 0 or -1 if none are found, so you need to make a modification to something like:

IF ( FindChar (inputs) > 0 )

and then it should work like you want.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation