BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello fellow VA users,
I have finally gotten my SAS VA (7.4 if it matters) to work with AutoLoading of data sets. I have a specific question on order of operation after a reboot of the server.  (for any reason My SAS VA system might restart)    What is the order that the data files reload assuming AutoLoad works as expected?
Let’s limit it to all sets are in the same LASR, and all in the AutoLoad folder not the append folder.

If helpful I can provide some example data set names and date/time stamps.  I just am not sure if its that complicated or if it's controllable at all to warrant the time.  TIA. -KJ

PS Did you know in the VAAG.pdf AutoLoad is referanced 339 times  lol (at least on my version) I gave up after about 50 find next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @kjohnsonm,

generally speaking, the load order is alphabetical, decreasing order. If you open the log of one of your autoload actions, you will see how it behaves. Also what it does first: load, unload, append.

And yes, I am aware of that fact, it makes sense since Autoload is one of the main cool features in SAS VA 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @kjohnsonm,

generally speaking, the load order is alphabetical, decreasing order. If you open the log of one of your autoload actions, you will see how it behaves. Also what it does first: load, unload, append.

And yes, I am aware of that fact, it makes sense since Autoload is one of the main cool features in SAS VA 😉

kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
How about? "if it's controllable" Can I override it?
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Just by controlling the names of the tables/files, to adjust them to the order you need (prefixes, perhaps).

But, why would you want or require to control the load order? Just curious, perhaps there is a very good reason, and it would help me to learn about it.

kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Juans_OCS, Thank you. Just to control expectations on how long it might take to have a data set available say for example I load 200 1GB datasets, and say for example the 'natural' name a high priority data set might be xray but its last alphabetically. It's manageable though like you said. I could just add A1_xray, or AA_xray to fix my issue.
kjohnsonm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

ps I'm surprised it cannot be defined granularly in a list or other means so we can keep natual names...

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @kjohnsonm,

you can, you could define more than 1 autoload library/folder, and schedule them in order of priority. Then you can keep natural names.

However, I would never separate data for data loading times, but by functionality or permissions....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation