BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abidi
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear All,

I am using SAS Studio and SAS VA. I have 3 tables and left joined successfully and want to retrieve all the records with all fields. The query result comes up with the desired output but when I encapsulate query inside the create table statement, it retrieves only 542 fields out of 721 fields. Please find below the code for your reference:

%rskmgt;
proc sql;
Create table OBS_ENG_AP_COMPLT AS

Select *

from table a left join

table b

ON a.id = b.id left join table c

ON a.id = c.id

quit;

%rskmgt_load_lasr_tbls_no_perms(intblnm=OBS_ENG_AP_COMPLT,inlib=WORK);

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This code seems like it is using the exact same SAS data set named TABLE for all three datasets that are going to be joined. Is that what you want? It's not what you said "I have 3 tables".

--
Paige Miller
abidi
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, indeed, I am using for instance table a, table b, and table c. I have joined these tables and the code of joining the table is attached. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Your code is joining table to itself 3 times. You are not joining table a, table b and table c.

Maybe you want:

proc sql;
    Create table OBS_ENG_AP_COMPLT AS
    Select *
       from a left join b
       ON a.id = b.id 
       left join c
       ON a.id = c.id;
quit;
--
Paige Miller
abidi
Fluorite | Level 6

This is the complete code. Sorry for the inconvenience.

proc sql;

Select *
from sq.observations as obs Left Join
        sq.engagement as eng
ON obs.ID = eng.CUST_OBJ_ID Left Join
       sq.actionplan as actplan
ON obs.ID = actplan.CUST_OBJ_ID;

quit;

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

There's nothing obviously wrong with your code. How many records in each of the three data sets?

--
Paige Miller
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What does your SAS log report regarding the number of rows and columns created? It will be similar to this:

NOTE: Table WORK.TEST created, with 19 rows and 5 columns.

Please note that if your input tables have common column names then only the columns from the first table will be selected. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation