BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gemi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have this situation:

User1 has the authorization to view just 2 reports, named REPORT_A and REPORT_B. Of course, the authorizations are not assigned directly to the user but to the groups to which he belongs (GROUP_REPORT_A and GROUP_REPORT_B).

Both reports are built with few tables and they have a table in common, named TABLE_X.

This TABLE_X has a lot of data, columns, rows.. but has a column identifying city names, named NAMENATION.

For example, this column has values like "Paris", "Milan", "New York"...

I would set authorizations so that when User1 opens REPORT_A , he will see the report without any filters. But when he opens REPORT_B, he will see the report filtered by NAMENATION.

I have setted authorizations on TABLE_X in this way:
GROUP_REPORT_A: ReadInfo --> Grant ; Select --> Grant

GROUP_REPORT_B: ReadInfo --> Grant ; Select --> Row-Level Grant (NAMENATION = 'Paris').

Unfortunately in this way, User1 always sees, for both records, all the data without filters.. where am I wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your query is urgent then please open a Tech Support track for your issue.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation