BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I want to make a text object (KPI) to show the latest month on month growth %.

I am using the Aggregate measure as follows:

( Period(_Sum_, 'sale'n, _ApplyAllFilters_, 'date'n, _ByYear_) - ParallelPeriod(_Sum_, 'sale'n, _ApplyAllFilters_, 'date'n, _ByYear_, _ByYear_, -1, _Full_, {Date}) )

/ ParallelPeriod(_Sum_, 'sale'n, _ApplyAllFilters_, 'date'n, _ByYear_, _ByYear_, -1, _Full_, {Date})

And then setting up the rank in the rank tab as month = max_month (top count =2)

I am able to see it in list table but when I put it on the text object, it is showing missing value which is obvious. 
As sum(missing , any value) = missing.

Is there any way in which I can do this thing.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

Okay, the simplest way I know to get the growth number to show is to assign the aggregated item to a chart where it would show as a single element.  For example, if you use the same rank you describe on a pie chart, you would get the aggregated value for only one slice (showing as the whole wheel).  You could then use the style and properties tabs to make the numeric value show very large and provide a title.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

What version of VA are you on?  The latest versions have a KPI object that does exactly what you want, but for earlier versions there are still some possibilities.

jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

I am using SAS VA 9.4

MikeJenista
SAS Employee

Okay, the simplest way I know to get the growth number to show is to assign the aggregated item to a chart where it would show as a single element.  For example, if you use the same rank you describe on a pie chart, you would get the aggregated value for only one slice (showing as the whole wheel).  You could then use the style and properties tabs to make the numeric value show very large and provide a title.

jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Is there any other method or formula for calculating YoY, QoQ or MoM so that I can get rid of that missing value.

If not in SAS 9.4

Is there any other way on SAS VIYA 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation