BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm trying to import a sas file from VMWare to VA(Desktop) and i got this error mentioned below. What is the solution? Kindly update.

title 'Indian Currency Format';

proc format;
picture indianc
low-high='0,00,00,00,00,00,00,000';
run;

data NEW;
do EXP=1 to 15;
A=10**EXP;
output;
end;

format a indianc.;
run;

proc print data=NEW noobs;
var A;
run;

data CustomerordersN;
set nitya;
format a indianc.;
run;

libname work 'C:\Nitya';

data work.new;
set new;
run;

The SAS system library WORK may not be reassigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement

10 REPLIES 10
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

What is unclear with:

The SAS system library WORK may not be reassigned.

This means that there is already a library called work - which is a default libname created by SAS - and you cannot re-assign it.  Call your libname something else.  E.g.

libname tmp "c:/nitya";

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
Right! that makes sense. I tried that. and it says that libname tmp is successfully assigned. But, when i check C: in VMware and desktop(out of vmware) TMP is not created. SO i'm facing problem in importing my SAS file to Visual Analytics
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Right, so you are using a virtual image not your machine.  You need to point to a folder to which the SAS system has access - if this is on the virtual image then you need to point to a path on the virtual image.  I don't know what your setup is, as you using SAS University Edition by any chance?  If not then consult with your IT or SAS group in your company and they will show you what network areas are available, but your path will look more like:

//myfolders/myarea

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah, I'm working as an intern and using company's SAS Software. And I was given a task where I was supposed to convert the Numeric digit in Indian Comma Format in Visual Analytics (VA), I guess I'll need admin rights to import file out of virtual machine. Is there any other way to convert numeric digits to Indian Comma format in VA directly without importing file from virtual machine?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, I don't use VA.  I will move this post to the relevant area.

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

Definitely! Thanks for your replying

Reeza
Super User

Is there any other way to convert numeric digits to Indian Comma format in VA directly without importing file from virtual machine

Can't you try a calculated measure or some function in VA to change the type? Why are you trying to bring the data out of VA to change the format, you should be able to do that within VA, at worse within the Data Designer/Planner. Or change the source file and reload that, but you should have documentation or a source otherwise how do you make sure this doesn't happen again when the data is refreshed?

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah, I get your point. But I think Indian comma format is not possible in VA(One of the limitation in VA). If you know how that works and how to fix that then kindly update. Thanks

Reeza
Super User

I would ask SAS Tech Support, it is after all why your company pays them a large sum of money for licensing and support. 

And that's their job 😉

nitya411
Obsidian | Level 7
Alright, no problem. Let me know if you find any solution. Thanks 😄

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation