BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
don21
Quartz | Level 8
Dear all, I have a data set that might look like below:

Measure1 measure2 .... measure 20
10000000 22000000. 350000000

I have created a simple line chart with date hierarchy and I have created a dummy table with a column call measures and have put all the above measure names in it. I have used this dummy table to create a drop down list (checkbox)
Now the problem is I am not able to make this interaction work between line chart and the drop down.

I want to select the measure that I want and view their performance date wise.. any way that I can achieve this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
don21
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you!

What I have done is, I have created a dummy table with a column containing the names of measures

Then I have created the drop down.

For the interaction to work, I have created an empty parameter and assigned it to both the line chart and the drop down and then I have created an aggregated measure with this parameter and wrote the formula if parameter name= measure name, return measure

This worked perfect!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I think it look like the same problem as described in this post:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Drop-down-in-SAS-VA/td-p/552776

//Fredrik

don21
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you!

What I have done is, I have created a dummy table with a column containing the names of measures

Then I have created the drop down.

For the interaction to work, I have created an empty parameter and assigned it to both the line chart and the drop down and then I have created an aggregated measure with this parameter and wrote the formula if parameter name= measure name, return measure

This worked perfect!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation