BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help, I am currently trying to import Data from SSAS Cube to LASR and I am struggling to do it. 

I understand that I need a licenced SAS/ACCESS TO OLE DB Product and we already ordered it.

But I don't know how to do so, I understand that maybe I should write the query manually to connect to it and create the necessary views and the syntax is on the internet. but in the oledb options I don't know what to put for the "PROVIDER" option or how to connect to it in general.

can you please guide me with steps to solve this problem, it would be very very helpful and i'll appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your time,

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The best way to get OLEDB going is to follow these steps:

• Install SAS/ACCESS TO OLE DB using the SAS Installation Wizard (I'm assuming you have VA 7.5 on SAS 9.4 as you reference the LASR engine - please advise if this is not correct)
  • Complete SAS/ACCESS TO OLE DB post-install configuration
  • Apply your new SAS licence using the SAS Deployment Manager
  • Open a SAS Studio session and test an OLEDB connection using the LIBNAME statement:
libname MyOLEDB OLEDB <Your connection details>;

This is normally a task for a SAS administrator, so I'm assuming that you are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The best way to get OLEDB going is to follow these steps:

• Install SAS/ACCESS TO OLE DB using the SAS Installation Wizard (I'm assuming you have VA 7.5 on SAS 9.4 as you reference the LASR engine - please advise if this is not correct)
  • Complete SAS/ACCESS TO OLE DB post-install configuration
  • Apply your new SAS licence using the SAS Deployment Manager
  • Open a SAS Studio session and test an OLEDB connection using the LIBNAME statement:
libname MyOLEDB OLEDB <Your connection details>;

This is normally a task for a SAS administrator, so I'm assuming that you are.

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, wouldn't the SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB be installed with the Visual Analytics by default since they are part of the same order and I installed all the products on the order ?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If it was part of your original order, yes. I assumed you had ordered it separately. If you already have it you can confirm it is installed by running this:

proc product_status:
run;

If it is installed, then you can try a LIBNAME statement in SAS Studio.

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

It worked ! Thank you so much for your help

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation