BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Community,

I would like to implement a user-defined format in SAS VA Data Builder. I got the snippet of the format.

Now, where and how I need to configure so that the format name will appear in SAS VA Data Builder.

Please guide me the steps for implementation.

Kind Regards,

Balraj.P

3 REPLIES 3
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Community,

still looking for solution, let me tell you what all I've done

Step1: In SAS EG I've written my SAS Code for Billion to INR conversion. Below is the code

libname dir 'C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats';
proc format library = dir;
	picture INR low-high='00,00,00,00,000.00';
RUN;
/*data test1;
	a=35353521212;
  format a INR.;
run;
*/
options fmtsearch=(dir);

Step2: In "c:\\sas\config\lev1\sasapp\sas_usermods.cfg" I've added the following statements, when I'm trying to use them in SAS DataBuilder I'm getting an error. Plz refer the attachment

-set fmtlib1 "\\D1234\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats\"
-fmtsearch (fmtlib1.formats)

Guide me if I'm going wrong anywhere

Kind Regards,

Balraj.P

UDError.PNG
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This link may be helpful:

http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @SASKiwi,

I've followed the document using the same above code which I posted earlier I was able to create the catalogue and the output is coming correctly in the SAS EG, but when I'm trying use the same format name in Databuilder, Query is executing but the Table is not generated on to the SAS LASR Server.

Do I've to register catalogue anywhere? so that It will appear in the "Format" options list

Kind Regards

Balraj P

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation