BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have some reports that I need to share with a definite set of users. We have more than one departments in our SAS setup and I want only designated end users to see their department reports. I cannot enable the guest account access as the reports can be seen by anyone with the SAS VA server link. Please let me know how to achieve this. These users don't have the OS accounts.

2 REPLIES 2
ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

Can I create a department level account with an username and password, which can be shared across the department, which the end users can use to see the reports, instead of creating user accounts for all the end users? Thanks

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can but the question is do you really want to, and will your IT security team allow/support it? Providing shared credentials to a team of people means that you will have to change the password and re-notify everyone as soon as anyone in that team leaves the organization or moves out of the team into a different team. It also reduces your ability to audit access. You probably wont be able to determine who in the team did something on a particular date and time: you may know it was someone in the team, but might not be able to determine which person (without other hints such as client IP address cross-referenced with other systems audit logs).

Ideally each team member should have their own login. What is stopping you from doing this? Is it the overhead of managing the users in SAS, managing them in AD/LDAP, or something else? If you provide some more background on the problem and your constraints it would help people to offer alternative suggestions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation