BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
priyabhardwaj
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm using SAS VA 8.3.1 version.

I need to create a graph which shows stacked bars, line and scatter graph together.

Let's say we have 6 columns in our data: Date,Val1, Val2,Val3, Val4 and Val5 . The x-axis should be date and val1,val2 will be stacked bar graph, val3 will be normal bar graph, val4 will be line graph and val5 will be dots/scatter graph. 

All columns from val1 to val5 are numeric and of the same measure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I am pretty sure you can do this with the graph builder, but why?

Why not create different charts, must be mcuh more easy to adopt and read?

//Fredrik

priyabhardwaj
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply!!!

I need to combine different types of graph for a specific requirement of the project.

I was able to create it using graph builder but i don't have all the functionalities as available in VA. For Ex: I'm not able to change the shape of scatter plt markers. Also, not able to assign different colors for stacked bar graph (PFA sample)

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ah, ok!

Is it not possible to change a lot of properties in the graph builder?

I think i have changed markers and colors in the builder that was not possible when in report builder....but I can remember wrong....:)

//Fredrik

priyabhardwaj
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @FredrikE 

We have different options for graphs in SAS VA like choosing different data markers like dot, square, star etc for scatter plot or choosing different colors in stacked bar graph.

But in data builder I'm not able to get the same options as present in sas VA. Is there something I'm missing?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation