BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nayyalas
Calcite | Level 5

I am implementing a LASR Table Swap out using this document as a guide: https://communities.sas.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/library/article-id/2371

I am successfully able to do the swap. However, when I need to add a column to the table being swapped, it updates the metadata but not the In-Memory table with the new column. As a result the swap is not successful because the original table still doesn't have the new column.

I am using IMSTAT for my swap. I don't see any option to add column. The Update statement I believe is for the rows.

Please advice.

PROC IMSTAT DATA = LASRLIB.&Original_Table;
   		WHERE 1=1;
	RUN;
   	DELETEROWS / PURGE;
	RUN;
   		TABLE LASRLIB.&Original_Table;
   		SET &table_name;
	RUN;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it, IMSTAT can add or delete rows, but not add columns from another source table, although you can create computed columns. To add columns I would delete the LASR table entirely then use a DATA step to do a complete table load.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it, IMSTAT can add or delete rows, but not add columns from another source table, although you can create computed columns. To add columns I would delete the LASR table entirely then use a DATA step to do a complete table load.

nayyalas
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much, That is the approach I took.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation