BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VicBrookes
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm new to sas and have achieved building a report based on my data pulled through from sas enterprise guide. I would love to finish my report with a clear understanding of customer calls to action numbers.

each customer has a unique Id and they may have phoned us once or more to perform a task. 

I can see how many times there record appears within the data but I would like now to see how many customers have called us once, twice, three times ...

example of of what I would like to create is

calls made by customer   How many customers

1                                  10

2                                   4

3                                    27

average calls to resolve = x

is there a agrgated measure I could build? 

Any help would be really appreciated 

vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

Using base SAS, this could be a two-step job:

proc freq data=have;

tables customer / noprint out=counts;

run;

proc freq data=counts;

tables count / nocum nopercent;

run;

It may take a little bit of working through the pieces to realize that this is the report you are looking for ... minus the fancy labeling.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Astounding
PROC Star

Using base SAS, this could be a two-step job:

proc freq data=have;

tables customer / noprint out=counts;

run;

proc freq data=counts;

tables count / nocum nopercent;

run;

It may take a little bit of working through the pieces to realize that this is the report you are looking for ... minus the fancy labeling.

maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi. I cab simple if you are trying to achieve it through Visual Analystics.All you need to do is create a list where the frequency counts are listed and selction can be made which can show you the customers according to a particular freq of calls.e.g. List all customers where calls>10 Cust Freq of calls 1-sim 21 2-Cam 23 3-relly 19
VicBrookes
Fluorite | Level 6

I agree that you have also provide me with a great solution but because of my version of va I can not use it at this time. 

My currect version does not let me cross 2 data sources. I am begging for the upgrade as I think it will prove a great solution and anylise even more of our customer behaviour. 

Thank you

VicBrookes
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you I will try and work through your recommendation. May take some time as I'm new to the system.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation