low - < 0 = '00000.0'(prefix='-')
0 = '9'
0 < - high = '00000.0' (prefix='+');
run;

The format works in the EG data set:

POsitive Sign.JPG

When we load the data set to SAS VA, we get the foolowing error:

VA Positive Sign.JPG

I have attempted to use a case statement with concat to get the positive sign to display with the value. However, that automatically turns the datatype to string when I want my end result to be numeric. 

Has anyone encountered this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS format catalog where positive_sign is stored - in your case the file formats.sas7bcat in your library MYLIB needs to be copied over to the SAS VA folder location as described here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1smzfeuhcmcb5n1qfoxg...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation