BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OscarBoots1
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Forum I'm using a List table to display a report that contains text headings in Row 1 & Column 1, the Cells that intersect these headings need to have Formatting applied across the Rows & not the Columns. Is there a way or workaround (coding) to get the individual Rows or certain cells to apply Formatting such as Row 2 would need to be Currency, where Row 3 should be a Percentage etc. I'm finding that I get the formatting applied under the top row headings for the whole Column. I know this is how it should behave but I need to use a List table for appearances sake & I need the Data to be correct in Format. Any suggests ideas all welcome.Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a List Table comprised of only character columns. Within each character column you can format a numeric value however you wish. For example a percentage might look like - " 75.48%" (the quotes are purely to delineate the text but would not show in the report). These character columns most likely would be added outside of VA. You could also keep non-displayed numeric equivalent versions in the data for use in formulas and other reports. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The only way I can think of doing this would be to create a List Table comprised of only character columns. Within each character column you can format a numeric value however you wish. For example a percentage might look like - " 75.48%" (the quotes are purely to delineate the text but would not show in the report). These character columns most likely would be added outside of VA. You could also keep non-displayed numeric equivalent versions in the data for use in formulas and other reports. 

OscarBoots1
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks SASKiwi, I'll give it a try. Cheers
OscarBoots1
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks SASKiwi, I lked your suggestion & will keep in mind for another project as I decided to create several List tables with just a Heading & 1 row of data each & place them one on top of the other. There's a bit of a waste of space but I get control of the Data format & Display rules this way. Thanks Again !!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation