BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In SAS VA 7.4.  I have a report that uses parameters to dynamically populate a checkbox.  Without dynamically populating the checkbox list I could simply do a custom sort on the data column.  Is there a way to sort the values of the dynamic checkbox list?

Few SAS users use parameters so to help them understand:

Dropdown1 is populated by a lookup table.

The values of Checkboxlist1 change when the value of Dropdown1 is populated via parameters.

I want to sort the values of Checkboxlist1 to be custom sorted based off of a separate table or logic structure when the selected value of Checkboxlist1 changes.

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

I don't really follow you here, do you have one checkbox, a list with checkboxes, a table with data...etc. 🙂

Where do you do the sort?

Do you mean that the checkbox list should be sorted everytime a selection is made?

//Fredrik

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
A user selects a value from a drop down list. Based on the selection a checkboxlist is populated.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I tried to add a listbox and a checkboxlist.

Added an interaction and sorted the list in descending order.

When i select a value from the drop down the list is populated and still sorted in descending order.

I also tried with a custom sort and the sorting was still there even when I selected values from the drop down.

You say you use parameters, is that in a filter expression?

Don't you use interactions?

I might be way out here 🙂

//Fredrik

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Dropdown1 is populated by a lookup table.

The values of Checkboxlist1 change when the value of Dropdown1 is populated via parameters.

I want to sort the values of Checkboxlist1 to be custom sorted based off of a separate table or logic structure when the selected value of Checkboxlist1 changes.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation