BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Niz
Calcite | Level 5 Niz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering whether I can have dynamic column header for SAS VA report.

For eg:

If I run a report in Jan my report will look like

ActualsProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjected
Numbers in 000'sJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
Total Claims         4000          -          -                -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -  
    # of Accepted         6790         679-         23         90         69.0          269          29.9          2         27         21          27         20.9
    % Accpted        90.6%         90.6%         90.6% n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

And if run in Feb then the Feb column header has to change

ActualsActualProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjectedProjected
Numbers in 00000'sJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
Total Claims         3467         -          -                -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -                   -  
    # of Accepted         356         3         31         26         26.0          26          26.9          2.8          270.3          20.1          27         279
    % Active        90.6%         90.6%         90.6% n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

3 REPLIES 3
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Niz,

To attain the obove requirement, you have to create a calculated Item and them custom category on calculated item.

1. Create a calculated Item:-

IF ( Month(Time) > Month(DatePart(Now())) )

RETURN 1

ELSE 0

where "Time" is the date measure. Let us say the name of this calculated item is "Calculated Item (1)"

2. Create a Custom Category based on the calculated Item that we have created above "Calculated Item (1)", let us name it "Custom Category 1" :-

Create label "Actual" with value of "0.00" and "Projected" with value of "1.00".

Now you can use the created "Custom Category 1" in crosstab as column role to attain the required report.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Abhishek

Niz
Calcite | Level 5 Niz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response.But what I was looking to change the column header label.

I will have measure for each month (12 column for each month) and till current month coulmn I want to have an Actual and for upcoming month measure should have the projected

Tha

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Niz,

I think so it is possible to attain the above requirement once you make all these 12 measures(months) into one category may be named as "Months" which can be achived at the stage of data preparation.

Thanks

Abhishek

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation