BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LiouJohn
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I have a report that that contains both historical and future dated data, eg. 1-Jan-2012 to 1-Jul-2015, and I have put in a date slider on the report to allow a user the ability to view data between any From and To date.  This report is used everyday and everyday the user will need to change the To date to today's date in order to see today's (or any future day's) data so I want to find out if there is a way to write some code to automatically populate the To date in the Date Slider to today's date (or any custom date like +7 days) every time someone opens the report.  Is this possible?

Regards

John

2 REPLIES 2
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi John,

Are you using SAS Visual Analytics 7.1? If so, you may be able to achieve what you are after through the use of parameters. Note though a parameter cannot update a control that uses a date though (see the second last bullet point at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - using parameters)

You may need to redesign your report to achieve what you are after and the thread, may give you some ideas.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
LiouJohn
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Michelle,

John

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation