BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I just tried to implement some DDC out-of-box solutions posted at the github page.

With most of them I succeed but one is resisting my efforts.

https://github.com/sassoftware/sas-visualanalytics-thirdpartyvisualizations/blob/master/samples/data...

@Renato_sas , can you see at first glance what I am missing out?

Because the array looks fine what is retrieved from the DDC object in VA.ddc message.png

{
    "version": "1",
    "resultName": "dd264",
    "rowCount": 4,
    "availableRowCount": 4,
    "data": [
        [
            "A150"
        ],
        [
            "A366"
        ],
        [
            "A77"
        ],
        [
            "A78"
        ]
    ],
    "columns": [
        {
            "name": "bi265",
            "label": "obs",
            "type": "string"
        }
    ],
    "parameters": [
        {
            "name": "pr50",
            "label": "caslib",
            "dataType": "string",
            "value": "DNA"
        },
        {
            "name": "pr51",
            "label": "castab",
            "value": "RYAN2"
        },
        {
            "name": "pr52",
            "label": "target_column_name",
            "value": "MODELO"
        },
        {
            "name": "pr53",
            "label": "id_column_name",
            "value": "obs"
        },
        {
            "name": "pr68",
            "label": "target_column_type",
            "value": "$50."
        }
    ]
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I'm not sure I understand this error. If I interpreted it correctly, it's saying jq is not defined, but it would only happen if the DDC URL is called directly from the browser, instead of being embedded in a VA report.

What format parameter are you asking about? If it's target_column_type, it accepts those values: string/number/date/datetime/time

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Based on your first screenshot, it seems that you are not passing the required parameters in the data-driven content URL. It should be something like this:

http://your.host.server/github/samples/dataUpdate.html?caslib=<your-cas-library>&castab=<your-table>...

You must also set a link action from the list table at the top to the data-driven content object, so it will flag/select the desired row to be changed.

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I think this is easier to read:

http://m-sbrrzl-gerghe.gtp-americas.sashq-d.openstack.sas.com/github/samples/dataUpdate.html?caslib=public&castab=hmeq&target_column_name=reason&target_column_type=string&id_column_name=_id

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks Renato.

Applying your parameter passing technique via URL and selecting only one row in the list table that performs a linked action on the DDC object, I don't get any longer the error message.

I can write to the text box but after pushing the bottom nothing happens.

I suppose that I cannot perform this kind of table update coming from outside as I put the link from the github page.

I had tried to host your code as job execution wrapping it in a data _null_ statement and put ' ' statements. Shouldn't it work like this?

Regarding the way I tried to send the parameters I followed your post

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Using-parameters-with-Data-Driven-Content-in-...

I suppose it didn't work because the name of these parameters is like "pr52" and only the label matches the parameters your code requires.

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I don't think this is an issue. Do you see any error messages related to this DDC in your browser's devtools (Ctrl+Shift+I)? 

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

the error message calling from a browser window is:

And should I pass "string" for the format parameter or "$30." alike?

id_column_name=obs dataUpdate.html:73:12

TypeError: jq is undefinedcasUtil.js:25:3

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I'm not sure I understand this error. If I interpreted it correctly, it's saying jq is not defined, but it would only happen if the DDC URL is called directly from the browser, instead of being embedded in a VA report.

What format parameter are you asking about? If it's target_column_type, it accepts those values: string/number/date/datetime/time

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation